CAD-Mech

The Life and Times of an Associate Principal Designing Building Mechanical Systems On-Screen with AutoCAD & Revit MEP.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cleaning, Installed Revit MEP & AutoCAD MEP

Still too much time on my hands. Rolled a recycle cart into my office and began to file the good stuff and dump the unneeded paper. Only made it to three-quarters filled. Lots of info filed. Still have several item to transfer into a storage box for putting in the safe. Yes, we have a walk-in safe with +12" thick walls and a large thick steel door. No ventilation. It's a leftover from the days in the mid-1900s when a sugar company handled cash receipts and payments. One on each of five floors. I like to think of it as the Quiet Room where one can go scream their head off in a carthartic release of verbal anger.

I also cleaned out my email box archiving project mail to the dedicated project-specfic folder on the network server. That dropped my mailbox size to 130MB from 850MB. Still need cut more by shifting some newsletters I receive that are not work-related.

Off-loaded about 20GB of data from the internal hard drive to an external one. There's a lot of programs I use for work that I had been keeping on a folder on my machine. Plus there were music files. Ran CrapCleaner and started the defrag program before leaving that day.

That made room for a full install of Revit MEP Suite 2010 and AutoCAD MEP (AMEP) with updates, extensions and add-ons. Process took two hours and that's with the help of the CAD Manager. Opened and looked at the routine. AutoCAD MEP install overwrote the registration of the AutoCAD 2008 (A2008) program with WinVista. Since the A2008 menu has yet to be rolled over to AMEP there's a hiccup in using nearly all the keyboard shortcuts. My personal ones still work.

Fortunately for me I had exported the Profile from A2008 on Tuesday. I imported it into AMEP to set things a bit right temporarily. Kept the original Profiles should I need to return to them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Why both Revit and AutoCAD, have you considered moving 100% to Revit?

Frombulator

June 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home