CAD-Mech

The Life and Times of an Associate Principal Designing Building Mechanical Systems On-Screen with AutoCAD & Revit MEP.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Use, Learn, Train

After a couple weeks of using the program, I was in an AutoCAD 2008 training class today. Seemed teh better way to deal with it since it generated more interaction with people. Mostly composed of designers and engineers to learn a bit about what is different from AutoCAD 2004. Only lasted a couple hours. The instructor confirmed what I suspected on some issues and gave me more insight on others. Several functions I'll need to explore in more depth. Only one and a half pages of notes, mostly single line, with several lines indicating "(explore)" after a command or feature.

Fortunately, all of our shortcut keys, LISP routines and other tricks work although many required tweaking to comply with the particulars of AutoCAD 2008.

Now I'm waiting for the word to go on the next project so I can make use of this newfound knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home